Saturday, April 30, 2011

Real Life Sunday Snippets.

What a whirlwind weekend.

I turned 23 on Friday.
I don't feel much wiser, particularly since I think I may have a had a little too much party punch last night.

I'm very much embroiled in the realty of life right now.
Sometimes you drink a little too much home made fruit punch.
Sometimes you feel hazy, and all you want is the longest, hottest shower and some more sleep.
Sometimes you need to take it like a solider, bundle up your lap top and head to the university library.


In the meantime, I have a selection of real life snippets for this sunny little Sunday!


Last weekend, my housemate and I headed out to the Fremantle Street Arts Festival.



I was there mainly for the break and aerial acts.

This one crew were insane. They were break dancers, but then they strapped on stilts and did a whole lot of crazy stuff that shouldn't even be possible on stilts. They're called Stalker Theatre and they're from Sydney.


I'm currently training towards silks and ropes, so I love seeing them in action.


I've got another 12 weeks of training before I can even get up there, but I'm starting to develop muscles on my muscles, see?



This was my favorite routine of the day.





This is Flo Foxworthy. She is a well know costumier from New Zealand.

Today she posted that photo of the jars on her facebook wall.

I love organization, and I really enjoy sequins. So seeing this makes my heart race a little bit, and inspires me to organize my sewing room/studio a little bit better.




This is very sweet. It makes me cry.



From my involvement with the burlesque and dance world, I was introduced to The Belly Dance Costume Recycle Project.

I think it is an awesome move. People sell all kinds of second hand dance costumes on there, not just belly dance costumes. I know from my years on competitive dance circuits that costumes are ridiculously expensive, and usually not worn that many times because judges/audiences want something fresh. It is heartening to see these beautiful things being recycled and given a new life.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Like the hair ps. Hope things are all going great, looks like they are!

    ReplyDelete