Sunday, May 1, 2011

Health & Beauty


I love a good pampering! One of my favorite things to do is treat myself to a decent beauty treatment that actually nourishes my body in one way or another, and helps to restore a sense of relaxation and well being.

I have a very very fair complexion which is prone to redness and very easily irritated. A lot of popular products on the market just don't work for me. They sting or burn my face, and leave it worse than it was to begin with.

A few years ago I made to switch to all organic/natural/home remedy beauty products, and I have not looked back. They smell amazing (for the most part) , they feed my body and get results. I feel like my skin is the healthiest and happiest it has ever been, so I thought I'd share my favorites!


my daily selection

Face Goodies.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads

I use these to cleanse/remove my make up at the end of the day. They're very gentle and non-astringent and have a gentle exfoliating effect with soy extracts, which my skin just loves.



Rose Water & Dr Hauschka Organic Day Cream

Rose water is an amazing toner. I first head about its benefits from Wellness WA. Its particularly kind to my sensitive skin, and feels cool and soothing after a long day.

Dr Hauschka is hands down my favorite facial moisturizer! I love it. Its a little on the pricey side, but I've found it is perfect for my super dry skin. Its light weight, so you don't feel like you're smearing butter on your face. It lets your skin breath and a small amount is perfect underneath make up.
Its made of all natural ingredients, so its very gentle - and it smells delicious!


Kora Organic Skincare by Miranda Kerr

I love this range of products. Again, they're on the pricey side but they are well worth it.
I use the Cream Cleanser with Noni, Avocado and Sandalwood when I want a deep cleanse (great for after i've been wearing stage make up for a few hours. Gets everything right off and feeds the skin underneath).

I also own the Balancing Rose Mist which is heaven for dry tired skin when traveling on airplanes.

Nourish Skin Oil

I use this when my face is feeling particularly dry. I also use it every second night on my nose. For some reason, my nose gets super dry very easily and needs a little more moisture than the rest of my face. I pop this on overnight and by the morning the redness and dryness is gone!


Hair Goodies

Grown Black Pepper & Sage Shampoo

Another totally organic product. This shampoo has been a life saver for me.

Earlier this year I decided to bleach my perfectly healthy hair, with disastrous consequences. Its dark again, and slowly on the mend, but I can't use any harsh shampoos and I defiantly don't want to be soaping up my head with even more chemicals. I really have to baby and feed my hair at the moment, so the Grown hair car range is perfect for me. I also use the Rose, chamomile and Lavender conditioner.


Al'chemy Vitamin Masque & Organic Mayonnaise

Al'chemy is an awesome australian brand of natural products. I use the Ginkgo and Jojoba intensive moisture masque, which again, is a chemical free saviour to my dry damaged hair. If I have enough time I leave it in for 30 minutes.

This might surprise you, but mayonnaise is actually amazing for you hair. Especially if its very damaged like mine is. The only down side is that it absolutely stinks to sit there for 20 minutes with it smeared all over your head.
However, if you can stand the smell (which washes away when you wash it out, I promise) - the natural proteins will give a far better result than any treatment you can buy!


Organix nourishing coconut milk

Another hair lifesaver. I put this in my hair wherever possible. I've never used a product like it. It helps soften even the most brittle ends and prevents breakage. Its made of organic coconut milk, coconut oil and egg white proteins. Plus it smells like coconuts. Its so amazing. I can't rate it highly enough.


Body and Soul Goodies

I don't use anything too special on my body, just an organic goats milk soap that I pick up from the farmers market. There are plenty of lovely handmade organic soaps available on Etsy.



Every day I take Thompson's Women's multivitamin, which in my opinion, is the one of the best multi vitamins on the market. Its a low allergy and gluten free formula without any artificial coloring, flavoring or preservatives.

I also take Blackmores 'Nails Hair and Skin' tablets with biotin twice a day. I've only started doing this since I friend my hair, but I've noticed a change in my skin on them as well.



Last, but not least, I want to give a huge wrap to essential oils.
Sandalwood is like prozac to me. Whenever I am m feeling stressed, sad or strung out, I burn it.
I'm also a huge advocate for the de-congestive properties of sweet orange oil. If ever I feel a flu creeping in, I burn that.

No comments:

Post a Comment