Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Snippets, 2012!



Welcome to 2012!
Without further ado I present to you the very first Sunday Snippets for 2012!  

(ok, so its been 2012 for a while now, this post got lost in the archives!)


First off, you have got to head over to this blog.

It is written by Kristin; an American nurse currently working in India. She runs a small food initiative from the tiny kitchen of her apartment, and every week she takes these meals down to the slums and distributes them.  She does so out of her own pocket. Her story, work and attitude are awe inspiring.


I’m putting aside what I can to send her way at the end of the month. It is amazing just how many people she can feed for such a small amount of money. The change you scrape from the bottom of your bag each week, put aside for a month, can feed quite a few people. I know that is something we constantly hear on the TV and in print, but Kristin gives you the from hard proof, right here. 

Peter Alexander for RSPCA 2012 calendar.
12 months worth of ridiculously hot men photographed with ridiculously cute dogs. Get yours here.


This article is well worth a read as we settle into a new year.
I also like these resolutions for 20-somethings that I came across via Sometimes Sweet. 



In 2012, some of my dancing friends and I are sponsoring a bear!

 It’s a pretty hefty amount of money to keep a bear looked after for 6 months, but split between four people it is just a one of contribution of $50 each.

We're still looking for  more people to make this financially realistic. If you can afford a one off $50 donation (it could be less, depending if we get more the 4 people on board, the more the merrier!)  and want to sponsor a stupidly cute bear with us, speak up!




I am coveting this coat from mod cloth. Winter is a million light years away, but I am thinking ahead. The fur is completely vegan friendly! I’m hoping this bad boy will still be on sale at the end of the week where I might just have enough wriggle room in my budget to justify making it mine. 




and finally, if you're not into Laura Marling, check this out.  I just finished voting for my favourite tracks of 2011 in triple J' hottest 100, and this was my number one.





No comments:

Post a Comment