Sunday, April 10, 2011

The First Sunday Snippets!


I've decided that every Sunday, I'm going to share a collection of bits and pieces that have inspired me or moved me during the week. Henceforth to be known as Sunday Snippets.


This one may be , uh, a little object heavy, I have a lot of Sundays to make up for!




I've been lusting after these beautiful hand made faux flower wreaths from gardens of whimsy, an Etsy designer based in Florida.


I feel an early birthday present to myself coming on!




Also lusting after some new tights from Etsy.

Something about handmade tights seems particularly exciting.


We had our first rain for the year this week. and I was crawling out of my skin with anticipation for oversized jumper and wooly hats! Winter is on its way downs under, finally!



Last week I finally got around to Downloading the album 'Red Letter Year' by Ani DiFranco.


I'm not sure why I waited for so long to do that. Ani never disappoints.

This is one of my favorite tracks from that album.




I've been falling asleep to the soundtrack from 'The Assassination of Jesse James'. The film is on of my favorites, but the score is out of the world. Every single track is composed and performed by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.


I highly recommend listening when you're home alone with a glass of wine and a decent supply of chocolate.

There is no drug that could relax you more than that combination.




This is just way too cute. I love this song even more now that I've seen this.



I'm encouraged, inspired and touched by the rallying of Etsy artists around Japan. There is a plethora of gorgeous, heartfelt and hand made products still available with all or a large part of the profits going directly to Japanese relief funds.


These are two of my favorites.

The first is by European artist, Elena Romanova.

The second is from scarletandmadrone over in San Francisco.





Next pay cycle, I will be investing in a set of hand made crochet dish cloths for general household cleaning.


I let housework get on top of me and had to get stuck in this weekend. I used a ridiculous amount of those disposable super whipes on my bathroom alone, which cant be reused. These are my solution!



This week I discovered YES magazine, and signed up for further subscriptions. If you're in any way interested in social justice, I highly recommend you sign up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment